Friday, June 25, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Welcome to the jungle. I write that because I feel like I am very much in uncharted territory. I certainly have never written a blog before and I'm not sure that their are any blogs out their about someone chronicling their life with CHD. Of course, if there are blogs like that I'd love it someone brought them to my attention.

Here are the basics: My name is Clare, I'm 23, and I have Congenital Heart Disease. My specific condition is Shone's Syndrome. I've had nine heart surgeries; my most recent one being nine days ago.

I really want to write about my heart, because I don't think enough people with CHD are. And I have all kinds of crazy metal devices keeping me alive and enough stories to fill a book or two. My hope is to finally get all my thoughts about my heart and my life out of my head and onto paper (sort of). And for anyone with an artificial valve or pacemaker or ICD (Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator), I hope I can give you something to connect with, that will help you feel less alone, and maybe make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment